Francisco Arocha, Statement on COVID-19
As someone who believes in making things happen and seizing the day, this feeling of helplessness is overwhelming to me, as I know it is for so many others. This situation we are all going through is scary, it’s uncertain. Not only is our health on the line, but so are our jobs and businesses. The world is forcing us to slow down and it is time to stop and adapt.
The world is turning on its head. Particularly in the tourism and hospitality industry, business cannot go on as usual. To all of you, our employees, our clients, our friends and family, I want to encourage to stay safe, stay informed, do your part and support each other. We’re in this together, we’ll get through it together.
At HES Group we are doing our part and join the global efforts to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
We are, and will continue to, closely monitor the Center for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and City, State, and Federal communication platforms for statements and guidelines on how to combat and prepare for the possible spread of COVID-19.
- HES Group Headquarters is effectively closed until further notice
- Staff is working from home with remote access
- Hotels are closely communicating with Marriott, InterContinental, and Hilton to mitigate the crisis
- Aloft Miami Brickell and Aloft Coral Gables currently remain open and are following Marriott’s rigorous guidelines
- We are closely monitoring operations at Embassy Suites Santo Domingo, as well as Hilton's guidelines, to evaluate a course of action
- We have heightened all sanitation efforts in our properties
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any updates as we receive them.
I want to express my deepest gratitude for all healthcare personnel and first responders around the world. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We recognize the immense effort you are making to help us overcome this unprecedented situation.
It’s a time to be mindful, a time to be careful, and a time to contribute in any way we can. A time to think about our communities and not just ourselves.
Let’s remember to be grateful for the things we usually take for granted and use this time to reflect on what really matters.
These times are challenging for all of us, but we stand together in solidarity.
Stay grounded, stay safe and stay at home!
Francisco Arocha, director ejecutivo y fundador de HES Group, habla con Miami Herald sobre como el Coronavirus impacta el turismo en Miami
"Con recortes de vuelos y restricciones de viaje, la presente situación...